Sunday, 8 April 2012

Day 6

Ahh the day I've been looking forward to for ages -- the script read of my short film! It's called 'A Perfect Soldier' -- it's a political thriller with a sadistic little pinch of sci-fi. Someone else devised the concept and kicked it all off, and I was brought on to redraft. The read was interesting and great fun, and the Director and actors attached are really impressive. I was a wee bit out of my depth, to be honest. Or maybe a wee bit more than a wee bit out of my depth. Still, I loved it, and fingers crossed for financing and production.

And here endeth the busiest week of all m'life's weeks. About 5% of it made it into the blog, but you get the gist of it. Cameras and scripts, fun and learnin', peaks and troughs, coaches and wanderings, interviews and rejections, friends and similar. And a wide-eyed cat and a man with a hat and other things that rhyme with that.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent news of the script reading. I'm guessing that as long as you didn't run around hyper-ventilating then they probably didn't suspect any out-of-depthness.

    I'm waiting to get director feedback on a feature treatment I've been asked to write, so as long as I don't hyper ventilate I'll be alright.

    Hope the filming goes well.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete