Friday, 26 November 2010

Day 62

“Big chill”, eh? The biggest chill I’ve felt recently is from watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the first time. Or from meeting that possible sociopath the other evening. Or from dropping some cherry-flavoured Tango on my knee in a café. Which I did, and I got a chilly knee. I shan’t get a chilly knee from walking around outside though, because there isn’t so much as a dandruff-like sprinkle of snow on the ground, let alone the rest of the UK’s ALLEGED experience of a Narnia with sleigh bells ringing and fauns prancing around.

Scriptwriting inspiration continues to be at an all-time high, as it has been since I started this course. Here's my favourite video of Oh! You Pretty Things, the song that inspired the biggest project I'm working on right now. Don't you laugh that I have an inspiring song. Finding one was an assignment we were given before this course even began, so I was just being a good girl and doing what I was told. Usefully, however, the song remains an inspiration.


... though my script isn't about aliens. Well, it is, but only in the sense that every scriptwriter in the universe (that includes aliens then) is writing about aliens. Ooh it's symbolic it's symbolic! It's symbollocks is what it is.

There are a few cleaner videos of Oh! You Pretty Things, but the above one's my favourite because it's a bit awkward, what with its band dressed in bunglesome material that crinkles over little rolls of fat that would have otherwise remained unseen, and of course David Bowie himself, who, in his Hunky Dory era, looks like the identical twin of my mum as she was in that decade. Though to be fair, it’s not his fault. She looked like him too. She gets her fair share of the blame.

I love the ending, where everyone looks around silently wondering if someone remembered to press record.

Oh, and only a sadist would post a David Bowie video without offering another one to match.


No comments:

Post a Comment