Saturday, 6 November 2010

Day 42

Ate a grape, went to class. I bought an apple on its own, and I know it's really embarrassing for any civilised person to buy an apple on its own, but I hadn't had anything to eat since the grape.

Next week is a writing week so we've been given a lot to write (this is logical), including what will be a really enjoyable assignment concerning genre. We've completed the first drafts of our short films, and now have to write a page-long outline of the film in a completely different genre given to us by the tutor. For instance, one of my classmates has to turn his thriller into a western. Another one of my classmates has to turn her horror into a musical. Meanwhile, I'll be turning my melodrama into a horror.

... Which is going to be really interesting, because I avoid watching horrors with other people so that I can watch them alone on my laptop, meaning that I can make the window really small and turn the volume right down.

I know. What a wimp. Maybe I'll try and write the assignment on a teeny tiny Word Document.

I'd love to see Notting Hill as a horror ("Can the most famous film star in the world fall for just an ordinary serial killer?"), Night of the Living Dead as a romance ("The unburied dead return to life and seek the only thing worth living for") or The Godfather as a sci-fi ("I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the wedding day of your cyborg").

Or The Matrix as anything fictional, BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S REAL LIFE.

Silliness.

Speaking of which, I've heard "urban prankster network" Improv Everywhere have bounded over the sea to London now. Here's a couple of their best pranks in the US:




And this one isn't really a prank. It's just really nice:


And you can bet that if a TV ad company hasn't already ripped these fellas off, they will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment