Sunday, 17 October 2010

Day 22

Ahhh, the light’s so beautiful here. ARGHHHH! Why is that? Anyway, enough of that crap. I roamed, and ended up at Greenwich Market, which I thought would be a place of immaculate plurals – like cheeses, meats, juices, wines, sauces. Foodstuffs, essentially. Foodstuffs. But it wasn’t – it was a glorified car boot sale, if that. I must have been in the wrong place. I’m going to say I was in the wrong place.

(Edit on Day 26: just discovered that I was indeed in the wrong place)

I levitated naturally towards the nearby Greenwich Picturehouse to see what’s on. The other week I went there with friends and became a member of the Picturehouse – but I wasn’t with friends this time. I was on my own. I wondered, is that okay? Is it allowed? How does it work? How do you go to the cinema on your own? I decided to find out, and was one of the first in screen 1 – along with one other girl my age. Then another solitary girl my age came in. Then another. Then another. What was going on? Had I inadvertently become part of some kind of hermit 22-year-old girls club? Were we supposed to exchange meaningful glances?

I daren’t.

Anyway, the room eventually filled right up, so the problem transformed from being self-conscious about being there alone, to having nobody to whom I could direct my snarky comments about the quality of the trailers.

The movie was The Social Network. It was enjoyable stuff, and Mark Zuckerberg was played by Jesse Eisenberg, a winner. I’m excited to see what becomes of young American and Canadian comedy actors like Jesse Eisenberg, Michael Cera (Scott Pilgrim) and Anna Kendrick (Up in the Air), who already have their Frat Pack predecessors cameoing in their films.

PS. It's Day 22. Know what that means? I do! It took me almost a year, but I finally made it past Day 21! Hurrah! Time to celebrate by doing my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment