Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Day 18

Today I skipped a long queue in a shop and said "excuse me, the manager is expecting me"! It's because they short-changed me by twenty pounds yesterday! Mind you, I'm a buffoon for not noticing.

Because we went to the wrong venue last week - and sat through the wrong lecture for an hour and a half - today was our first lecture in a series about issues in media. It consisted mainly of watching stuff, and a ten minute break. That's my style of learning. The lecture was about the history of recording. We discussed, for instance, La jetée, the short film Terry Gilliam's Twelve Monkeys is based on. And if you were wondering what Derren Brown was doing in 1905 (I wonder little else), I found the answer:



Then we (that is, the Circle of Trust) had a long lunch at the BFI - I had gourmet sausage rolls in a pint glass - and I was back in time to sample my flatmate's favourite snack of apple slices dipped in peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment