Thursday, 5 November 2009

Day 5

Falsity: London is large. It's not, it's tiny. Why else would people I know suddenly reveal themselves to be living/working nearby? It's not coincidence. It's not.

Truth: it's stupid to put in your contact lenses in the dark. Corneas are not pleased with your haphazardly prodding dust and bits of fluff and your own finger into them. While I'm at it, here's some other things you shouldn't do in the dark:

1. Fill a hot water bottle.
2. Go on a blind date.
3. Cut the red wire or the blue wire.
4. Say "I love you" in sign language.
5. Scream "I was blind but now I can see!"

I learned how to use a massive sticker machine today (it turns anything into a sticker); it'll be very useful for later on in life. And I read a book so I can flog it to magazines. Work has settled into a kind of routine, really. Still, the road to being a flâneur shall never be tamed!

(And I should maybe get out of here, given that some firework people outside haven't mastered the IMPORTANT difference between VERTICAL and HORIZONTAL)

No comments:

Post a Comment