Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Day 11

This is hardly chronological order, but what a lovelylovely Australian ladygirl! I returned "home" this evening to find that my window was jammed open. I battered it for a while before dancing three floors down to reception and arsking if someone could help unjam it. Maintenance was gone, so it was left to the receptionist to give it a go. We failed. So she went in search of a screwdriver, and soon after I fixed (i.e. splintered the wood of) the window, and wandered around looking for her to tell her but I couldn't find her and it was all like two gooses in a maze for ages! But all is well now, and she has a name also.

Anyway. I finished the manuscript today. I think I fell asleep near the beginning and by the time I woke up I was near the end -- isn't that always the way when you anticipate a long journey? You fall asleep and when you wake up you're already home!
The novel was quite good and proper. My 'pinions go to the author. And the editorial lady really liked my 'pinions! In fact, she's invited me to read and report on another manuscript!

It's sort of like vague sneaky experience for scriptreading, which I want to get into. At the moment, I'm reading the very sweet 'The Wizard of Oz' script, and given that I have no actual professional script report samples, I thought I'd do one of a movie from the 30s and try and elbow in that way.

Also, The Department took me out for to have lunch to consume. And by "The Department" I don't mean a reality TV show or a horror movie or a sitcom, but yeah. Moo. Get away.

"Almira Gulch, just because you own half the county doesn't mean you have the power to run the rest of us! For twenty-three years, I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now -- well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!"
- Auntie Em

No comments:

Post a Comment